SUBARU FORESTER OVERLAND BUILD
OVERLAND FORESTER - 1997 SF5
aka THE TACTIFOZ
Let me introduce you my 1997 SF5 Subaru Forester, aka The TACTIFOZ.
It’s one of the very first produce, powered by the flat EJ20J engine and benefit of the well known Subaru Symmetrical AWD.
The little N/A petrol engine produce 122hp but get backed-up on the trails by the Low-Range gearbox.
I bought it for my birdthday in 2016 and he now have 285 000km/177000miles on the clock.
Because of the Military related Desert Tan paint, the rifle case on the roof and the abundance of MOLLE systems I decided to call it the TACTIFOZ.
No, it’s not a “big 4wd” … And that’s why it’s the best overland vehicle !
DETAILED BUILD LIST & EQUIPMENT
(Click to Shop!)
Suspension, lift, wheels, tires and more
- 2″ – 5cm Front & Rear ADF Lift Kit
- Extra 1/3″ – 8mm Rear Lift Spacer
- Trailing Arm Spacers
- Wider WRX Rear Trains
- Pedders SG Front Struts & Spring
- Pedders SG Rear Struts with SF HD Pedders Springs
- 215/75/15 BFGoodrich KO2 AT
- Stock 15″ in Steelies
Gear and mods designed around
self-sufficiency and ergonomy for
comfortable living from the vehicle
Body, Roof & Armor
Body modifications and renforcement
- Custom Desert Tan Paint
- NH-HK Pajero Snorkel
- Plasti Dipped Rear Windows
- Sub’Aventure Engine/Trans Skid Plate
- Sub’Aventure Rear Diff Skid Plate
- Rated Front Recovery Points
- Custom Built Rear Spare Tire Carrier and Gas can Holder
- Rear Hitch
- 4xTHULE 784 SmartRack Crossbars
- Custom Roof Rack
For even more infos about my Overland Subaru Forester Setup I created detailed videos on my YouTube Channel.
I also have a lot more of pictures on my Instagram account.
Interested by Roof tents? Learn everything about it in my latest Subaru Forester & Roof Tent article!